Advertising Copywriters work closely with other creative agency staff in the conception and production of verbal and messaging elements of advertising campaigns. Copywriters are responsible for the linguistic content of advertisements. They work across a range of media and formats, interpreting account briefs to compose advertorial content such as scripts for tv and/or radio advertisements, blogs, digital content and blogs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identifying and researching the client’s core message, competitors, and target audience
· Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
· Producing original, clear and credible ideas/messages/scripts, and presenting these to clients and colleagues
· Modifying copy until the client is satisfied
· Overseeing the production phase
· Updating and amending campaigns according to feedback
· The copywriter is accountable for checking all the content being advertised is truthful and complies with codes of advertising practice.
· Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services
· Be skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy
· Write engaging, humorous, and fun copy that grabs the reader, no matter the content
· Edit work multiple times until approved internally and by client
· Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Work well in a team and with a range of creative people
· Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
· Be highly self-motivated and well organized
· Be able to see other people’s points of view and take on board feedback
· Work within strict budgets
· Have an eye for detail
· Possess good leadership, people, and project management skills
· Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or Bachelor’s in marketing, English, journalism or related field preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and up to three writing samples of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio.
No phone calls please.
Send your resume and we'll be in touch.